Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have connected the Polycom VSX 7000A directlly into the ADSL Cisco Router and forwarded the ports to the IP Address of the Polycom Device as follows;

• 3230-3235 TCP
    3230-3253 UDP
    1720-1720 TCP
    80-80 TCP
    5060-5060 TCP
    5060-5060 UDP
    1719-1719 UDP
    1731-1731 TCP
    1503-1503 TCP

I can establish a call and I can receive a call, but the clarity of the picture is not that much good as well as the audio. I even made sure that the only Polycom Device is the one which is connected and using the Internet, but still same quality of Audio/Vidoe. I can see huge packets lost in the call session. Attached the call session.

I have configured QoS in the Cisco ADSL Router based on the Polycom MAC Address for 1920 Kbps and to have High Priority, still no joy.

Is there any settings / configuration to have a stable/clear Audio/Vidoe Conference in the Polycom Device or special settins in the ADSL Router I should take care of?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You may like to test to another end point.  I know little of the interop with Codian.

1920k sounds a little agressive, try less.  Aspecially with an ADSL Line where upload may be significantly poorer than download.

All the ports you listed are ok but anything after TCP1720 on your list is probably unnecessary.  TCP1720, TCP range UDP range will be enough.

Try 89.105.107.135 Our Hosted BBC Freeview box on a VSX7000s V9.0.6.2.(Unattended 24/7)

Pete

HP Recommended
thanKs for your repky. What's the speed settings I should put? There are different places to change the speed in the polycom, shall I ignore them and just dail wil lower speed?
What about vidoe / audio settings do I need to change anything?
HP Recommended

In Admin>General>Home Screen Settings you can tick a box for Call Quality.  This will enable a drop down under the dialing entry field to select what type & speed of call you wish to make.  Also in Admin>Network>Call Preferences, you can set prefered minmums & maximums for ISDN & IP preferred call speeds.  The last page of that sequence allows you to turn off (make invisible) certain call speeds.

Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.