Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello!

I've ran into a weird problem. The microphone on our video-conference system stopped working after we unplugged and replugged all the cables. (We had to move the conference system temporarily).

Weird thing is, when I go into the Audio Settings to test the microphones, I do indeed get a response, and the meter is responding to my voice without problems. But after we tested with 2 different locations, both parties cannot hear us. (They heard us before with no problems)

The mic is definitely not on Mute. I don't think the mic or the cable is faulty, as the microphone test meter is indicating my voices are heard.

We can hear everything without problems, just that no one can hear us.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Do a near end loop back.  Found under the Diagnostics section. This will force the FX to call 'itself'. It does not go out over the network.  You should be able to see and hear your self.  If this works then you may have a network issue for the audio.  When the system moved did the network change also?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.