Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

first, what do I and my conference partner need to do so we can successfully talk with them.

We could establish to their PC successfully a video and audio conference. However, with their video conference tool we only managed an audio connection.

I found this url http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace,_Release_7.0_--_Video_Endpoint_Compatibilit... but I'm not sure this would be the case for it.

Second, can I configure the Polycom Viewsation H.323 with a SIP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, 

So first from what I can find the ViewStation was only designed to do H.323(IP) and H.320 (ISDN). The VSX was the first main stream system from Polycom that had SIP support. 

For the issue with getting video from your Cisco VCS is the video a blue screen or black screen. If the video coming through is blue then the ViewStation just doesn't have the ability to display the video protocol to display the video being sent. If the video is black then there is something blocking the video to the ViewStation. If you can get the Cisco VCS to run using video protocol H.261 it would be worth testing. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, 

So first from what I can find the ViewStation was only designed to do H.323(IP) and H.320 (ISDN). The VSX was the first main stream system from Polycom that had SIP support. 

For the issue with getting video from your Cisco VCS is the video a blue screen or black screen. If the video coming through is blue then the ViewStation just doesn't have the ability to display the video protocol to display the video being sent. If the video is black then there is something blocking the video to the ViewStation. If you can get the Cisco VCS to run using video protocol H.261 it would be worth testing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.