Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I bought a used HDX to play around with, the software is 2.5 so quite old. I was going to look at upgrading it, but when I go to the upgrade page (support.polycom.com > activation upgrade > all other Polycom products) it doesn't recognise my serial and comes up with the following message:

"Invalid Serial Number Entered. Please check to be sure that you are entering the correct serial number. For PVX software, the serial number is the same as your license number, which has the format of "XPVX-ABCD-ABCD", including the dashes."

My serial number is 82063207205EC1 (copied from web gui).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The product model 9003 was never sold by Polycom.  The product was probably an HDX 9004 and the accelerator board has been removed or is defective.  The 9003 was a planned SD product of the HDX 9004 that is why the system is recongized 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello bm,

I had a quick look in the asset database and no HDX with this serial number can be found.

• Do you or the seller have any more details on this unit ?

• What HDX model is this ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

That's very strange. I hope I can still use this for video conferencing.

I can ask the seller some info, but I doubt they'll know it, they removed this 'from a working environment'.  The unit itself seems to be working fine but I am yet to test it properly. Here's what it says in the system info part of the web gui.

Serial Number: 82063207205EC1

Software Version: HDX Alpha - 2.5.0.6-3905

MAC Address: 00:E0:DB:07:20:5E

Model: HDX 9003

What info should I ask them? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello BM,

Based on the fact that I cannot even find any HDX ending with the 5EC and the Software being an Alpha I can only assume that this is some BETA model given to your customer for evaluation and it was never returned to Polycom.

Usually these units are Polycom property and must be returned and not be sold.

Can your seller dig out some details ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I think they get these in bulk so it's unlikely that I'll find much out about this. I don't suppose there's any way to register this and get the real firmware? Though given that this is likely to be a beta model, I suppose there's a chance that the operation might be compromised.

Thanks for help.

HP Recommended

The product model 9003 was never sold by Polycom.  The product was probably an HDX 9004 and the accelerator board has been removed or is defective.  The 9003 was a planned SD product of the HDX 9004 that is why the system is recongized 

HP Recommended

What an interesting situation. Best of luck. 

HP Recommended

Returned it now, thanks for all of your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.