Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a few of the practitioner cart 8000's which could use an update to the software.  When i enter the HDX8000 serial # on the web site nothing pops up for the key code, its all not entitled. I found the serial # for the cart and that doesn't work either.  I know there is no service agreement but I assumed I could stay in the 3.0 range for software....current version is 3.0.2.1.  I have done this with other devices with no problems.  Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The HDX codec that is in the Practitioner cart is the same as any other HDX 8000 and will upgrade the same way.  There is no special software for the Practitioner cart.

As long as the digit on either side of the first 'dot' is not changing you will not need a key.  so staying at 3.0.x and going to 3.0.y will not require a key.  Going from 3.0.x to the current 3.1.2 will require a key, either via entitlement from service contacts or via a separate purchase.

You can download the 3.0.y software from the support web site HDX 8000 Support

I would recommend the 3.0.6 since it has security patches that other 3.0.x software does not.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  In the past it has always given me some sort of key code or at least said I could do what you described.  I will give it a try and see.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.