Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are looking at revamping our UC infrastructure with Polycom components like the DMA etc..  But in the short term, very short term, our old cameras are failing. Not wanting to spend a lot of money on end point before the infrastructure is defined, here is the question:

The QDX6000 does not integrate with lync, but what if the back end UC infrastructure does? I think the DMA can gateway to Lync right? I havent played with those components yet so I dont know. But if DMA can connect to Lync, will the QDX 6000 be able to as well through the DMA?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Conceptually, I imagine you could do it. It isn't tested, and therefore not supported, but as long as the QDX is registered to the DMA via SIP TLS on 5061, and the DMA is peered to the Lync server, then the only real barrier would be video capablities of the QDX. I believe that the QDX is capable of doing SIP on TLS, so the video negotiation is the most likely issue.

I am not sure what video protocols the QDX supports, I am going to move this post to the Video endpoints forum so Marcux or one of the other endpoints experts can chime in on that one. I can also say with relative certainty that video would not work with Lync Mac clients as Mac clients only do RTV, which I really doubt the QDX can support. 

HP Recommended

Yes, DMA can be used to provide peer-to-peer calling between the QDX (H.323 registered to the DMA) and Lync endpoints (via Trusted Application and static routing).

The call will utilize H.263/CIF though as that is the only video codec/resolution combination supported by both of those endpoints (the QDX does not support RTV and Lync does not support H.264).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.