Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am facing problem when placing call from HDX 7000.Previously I was able to place call direct from HDX using following format

ip##phone numbet. but now its not working nothing is changed. I am able to dial when using meeting ID i.e.ip##meetingID. Kindly suggest.

Furhter if it is possile to call directly using phone number instead of aove format. We have RMX 1500 and 4 HDX 7000.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
I would guess it is a call protocol problem. You should use h323 for that call. Check it.

Does your RMX have any alarms?

If you want use a number instead ip address as dial string, you should implement a gatekeeper or SIP registrar server.

Regards.
HP Recommended

Yes h323 is configured and we are using it for these calls. No alarm on RMX.

To implement a gatekeeper do we require any extra equipment beside RMX

HP Recommended

Sorry, I can't understand, where are you calling from HDX? to a RMX Meeting Room?to a phone?

"To implement a gatekeeper do we require any extra equipment beside RMX"

You require additional server, for example Polycom CMA or Polycom DMA.

HP Recommended

ok . I am facing problem when calling to a phone.

however when I am calling a RMX meeting room i am able to connect properly.

hopefully I am clear now.

Regards

HP Recommended
Which ip do you use for these calls? RMX?
Do you call to IP RMX##<phone number>?
Is it IP-Phone or phone from PSTN?
Do you use a ISDN Service in RMX?

HP Recommended

I am using IP configured for Signalling Host. However I tried using RMX IP itself but for no use.

Yes IP RMX##phone number

its PSTN

Yes we are using ISDN services

HP Recommended

Hi.

I think, you have two ways for this call:

1) Use a Gateway.
In this case you should configure a GW profile on RMX and use this dial string for call:
<IP Signaling>##[GW Profile ID]**<Phone number>

2) Use a Meeting Room with predefined participant
In this case you should create a Meeting Room and add a defined dial-out participant (ISDN participant).
After that you can call to the MR, and the RMX'll call to a predefined participant.
Dial string: <IP Signaling>##[Meeting Room ID]

Please, check that your ISDN is working. Make call from RMX to the PSTN participant.

More information about a RMX's Gateway you can find in the Administrator guide

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/user/products/network/RMX_Administrators_Guide_V...

Best regards

HP Recommended

Thanks Bazzuck

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.