Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everybody,

I have "RealPresence Group 500" equipment for the company's visio rooms.
Our video IP calls work properly on our internal and external network.
For the past few days, we have been trying to add video calls via Skype Business to our Polycom.

Today, I managed to make Skype Business calls work, from the internal and external network.
Here is the configuration that I set up:
(see screenshot)

However, I have a problem!

When I activate the configuration for Skype calls, Standard IP calls do not work.

I have to reset the basic configuration for the standard calls to work again. (but Skype no longer works)

Is it possible to make the two types of calls coexist at the same time?

Thank for your help

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @A.CLEMENT,

what software version is installed on your GS500? It is definitly possibel to use H.323 and SfB in parallel, but not within one call! Either H.323 or SfB. The GS500 does not support transcoding. So a "mixed" call is not possible. 

HP Recommended

Hi @mshu ! Sorry for my late reply, I had not seen yours.

The software version is "6.2.2-580140".

Thanks for your help, I'll be able to stop searching for nothing.

In this case, how is it possible to configure the GS500 to use H.323 and SfB separately?

Cordially

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.