Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I will try to be as detailed as possible about the problem.

My company and me have problem with polycom video conferencing. We have multipoint license and we want to use mobile and laptop devices to connect to video conferencing. When we use video conferencing to video conferencing it works. And from another location via a public ip address. BUT big BUT, we have a problem with application for desktop or mobile. We try many time to set configuration, and open all ports, try to off or on nat, but when we connected to video conferencing, then we have a packet loss 100%. I try that in localhost, and see sometimes packet loss 12%, Jitter 35-50

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @marinv ,

We are all just volunteers and if none of us has any other ideas please follow the official escalation into our support organisation.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @marinv,

You should check "Fixed Ports", set NAT to automatic. If no public IP is displayed, set NAT to "Manual" and type your public IP in. 

Important thing is to remember fixed ports which are displayed on this page (i.e. TCP 3230-32xx, UDP 3230- xxx). You´ll have to open all of these ports on your Firewall and forward them to the local IP of your Group. Don´t forget port TCP1720, unfortunately it´s not displayed there, but it is very important (call signaling).

After this configuration everyone should be able to call the public IP from outside your network. 

Are RP Desktop and Mobile users outside your company? The should do the same with their Firewall of course. 

HP Recommended

Hi @mshu 

thank you for the answer. Yes I will try that method, but again someting still not working. See my pictures, I'm open all ports, and test when connected on video conferencing, which ports is opened. Again when I connect, I can't get the return image from the polycom, but the image and sound can be easily reached to polycom. 

IDK why, but other polycom witch we have ( 3 ),also don't work when someone wants to connect to public ip, but all ports are open.

HP Recommended

Polycom admin or somebodey know what is a problem with this situation? Why polycom have that bags?

HP Recommended

Hello @marinv ,

We are all just volunteers and if none of us has any other ideas please follow the official escalation into our support organisation.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you @SteffenBaierUK

I will try to contact my reseller. I apologize if I was hard or I expressed myself badly. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.