Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
I'm trying to update the SW 5.0 to 5.1.2 via my own www server. File sw_keys.txt obtained from the Polycom is in rseries/platform folder, but not used. I have to manually enter the key. The same sw_keys.txt file working fine when I upgrade via usb stick. What I'm
missing?
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello OVG,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Have you got any logs on this?

If you browse to this server can you download the file aka did you allow this type of Mime?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Dear Steffen! Thank you for reply! What type of MIME I should set for sw_keys.txt?
HP Recommended

Hi OVG,

it all depends what your server supports.

Have a look at my IIS example => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, I'll try

HP Recommended

I have tried a few MIME Types eg text/plain, application/octet-stream, still no luck ...

HP Recommended

Hi OVG,

a simple test would be trying to browse to this file from a PC.

If a PC cannot load it then it is your server. If the PC can but the Group Series cannot then we need a ticket opened.

What type of server is it anyway?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen!  Thank you for support. Yes, I can browse and download files from my www server and  sw_keys.txt too. Some time ago this work fine and i did not change anything ...  I can't remember on which version SW it works, but 4.3, 5.0 and 5.1 doesn't work ...

I have tested  a few RPG 700 and RPG 500. 

About server I will write tomorrow, sorry, now I'm at home

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen!

My www server works under Windows 2000 server SP4

WBR, OVG

HP Recommended

Hello OVG,

In order to proceed we need a wireshark trace and the GroupSeries logs escalated via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.