Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have an HDX system configured to register with our Lync system.  FROM the HDX 8000 system I am able to place a call (via sip) to a user running the Lync client on a laptop.  The call connects with bi-directional video and audio with no problems.

However, if that user attempts to place a video call from that same Lync client TO the HDX 8000 system the call never completes.  The incoming call from the Lync user shows up on the HDX 8000 screen, but keeps rining and never gets picked up (even when clicking the pickup button ont he remote).

I have upgraded the HDX system to the most current release (3.0.5) but it did not help solve this problem.  Can anyone provide any suggestions or recommendations as to the best way to troubleshoot this problems?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Can you possibly provide which protocol you are using and if possible the SIP settings screen please? Thanks
HP Recommended

Sure, no problem.  The call comes into the HDX system from Lync as a SIP call.  The SIP settings located under the IP Network section of the admin screen are as follows:

SIP Settings
Enable SIP:  checked 
SIP Server Configuration:    Specify
Registrar Server:    <DNS name of registrar server>
Proxy Server:    <DNS name of proxy server, happens to be same as registrar server>
Transport Protocol:    TLS
User Name:    <email address of Lync user configured for the HDX system>
Domain User Name:    <domain username of Lync user configured for the HDX system>
Password:    
Directory:
Microsoft Lync Server 2010:  checked 
Domain Name:   <domain name of Lync user configured for the HDX system>

The diagnostic tab show a green arrow for the Registrar Server, and when clicked on shows the following information:

A registrar has been specified and the system is connected.
Registrar Server:  Microsoft
NTLM Version:   NTLMv2

Thanks,

Scott

HP Recommended

we experienced the same problem, yesterday I upgraded to 3.1 and it looks like the problem is solved I could vice versa call to and from the HDX.

Regards,

Alex

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.