Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

One of my clients has a pair of VSX 7000 video conferencing systems. They have always been a bit temperamental, but a recent network change at the remote site has caused them to fail.

The change that was made was that the router was changed at the branch office, due to a change of ISP/technology. We have connected remotely and (we think) replicated all of the port forwards that were in place for the Polycom, but we're still havig issues. I'm hoping that if I describe the symptoms, then someone here will be able to point me in the right direction.

Quite simply, when a call is in progress the Head Office can see and hear the Branch Office, but the Branch Office cannot see or hear Head Office.

Where would that suggest the forwarding was wrong?

Firmware is all up to date on both units and the system was working before the router change.

Any help much appreciated

Simon

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Can you set the firewall on the far side to be H.323 compatable?  It sounds like the firewall is blocking inbond traffic.  I would check with the ISP that put the router in that they set it up for inbound H.323 traffic.  It is UDP traffic and that may also be blocked.h

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.