Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a QDX-6000 setup in a classroom. I have the second monitor setup for the students. The primary monitor is connected in the back of the room. What I would like is the main audio from the far sites to be on the rear monitor and the audio from the DVD and computer to come out of the front monitors. If I use the line out on the front, I don't hear anything. If I use the VCR out on the front monitors, I get an echo from the microphones. What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Generally, HDX/VSX/QDX DVD & VCR outputs contain local audio so if you have speakers in the room connected to the DVD/VCR output, the audio going into your mic will come back out into your room causing "the mighty howl round".

Have a look at Admin>Audio settings & see if either the Audio I/P Echo Canceller or DVD/VCR audio out always on tick boxes help in any way.

Pete

HP Recommended

HI Pete,

I have checked both of them, and one on the other off and get the same results. I have 3 systems in the same configuration. 2 of them do not work, the other one I have the audio out connected to the monitor and it works fine. The only difference I have found, is the one that works is running version 3.0.1 of the software. The 2 that don't work are running 4.0.1.1. I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks, Brad

HP Recommended

There is not much in the V4.0.x release notes that indicate why this may be.

Sounds like a bug!?!  Mic distance from speakers perhaps?  Over to Polycom TSD as down grading to V3.0.x

isn't an acceptable solution.

HP Recommended

We did move the mics further away from the speakers, it helped but didn't solve the problem. We still had a some feedback. There is a 4.0.2 out. I may try to upgrade the software and see if that helps.

Thanks, Brad

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.