Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am testing RealPresence Desktop 2.3 and Telepresence m100 v 1.06

I have a non H.323 capable NAT firewall.

I have setup static port mappings 

TCP 1720, 3238,3230-3242

UDP 1719, 3238,3230 -3342

In Telepresence m100 , the WAN IP address is set under Menu, Call Settings, Use NAT.

H323 call to the Polycom test site  140.242.250.200 :

works in m100, i can see and hear.

Does not work in RP Desktop. clicking the signal bar icon, I see 

Particant 140.242.250.200:1720 

Channel name

People Rx

Protocal H.264

Format ---

Both programs can view the LS Fishtank.  There is a  long delay in RP Desktop, but it the images comes in after 30 second delay.

Wireshark capture on the WAN interface shows TP Desktop sending internal LAN IP in the  H.245 openLogicalChannel request.

Where as the m100 program requests the WAN IP.

Documentation for RP Desktop is, to put it nicely,  very thin.

How can I get RP Desktop to not leak my LAN IP ?

Is RP Desktop meant for teleworker / remote scenarios?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.