Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I see RealConnect can be used to create bridge for SIP/H323 to MS Teams for the RP Group series devices. My company has 6 such devices, and is looking into activating the 60 day trial, however I wanted to be clear on if there was a firmware requirement on the RP Group devices?

I would suspect not, since we're talking about connecting to a SIP or H323 host, which should be an industry standard. However I didn't want to activate the Trial then spend half of it just getting it to connect. It's more useful if that entire time can be devoted to real use cases.

Thanks

Trevor

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Trev_OUC ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Your understanding is correct and to ease your worries simply make use of the free consultation call as explained >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

There is no firmware requirement for SIP/H.323 calls into the RealConnect gateway service and you can in fact dial in any capable SIP/H.323 device, not just Polycom. If you want to use the One-Touch Dial service that is also included with RealConnect (and you should its amazing!) there may be some firmware limitations depending how old your units are.

Michael J. Levesque, PCVE

Resolve Collaboration Services Corp,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.