Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RP Group 500 and RealConnect

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

RP Group 500 and RealConnect

I see RealConnect can be used to create bridge for SIP/H323 to MS Teams for the RP Group series devices. My company has 6 such devices, and is looking into activating the 60 day trial, however I wanted to be clear on if there was a firmware requirement on the RP Group devices?

I would suspect not, since we're talking about connecting to a SIP or H323 host, which should be an industry standard. However I didn't want to activate the Trial then spend half of it just getting it to connect. It's more useful if that entire time can be devoted to real use cases.

Thanks

Trevor

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: RP Group 500 and RealConnect

Hello @Trev_OUC ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Your understanding is correct and to ease your worries simply make use of the free consultation call as explained >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: RP Group 500 and RealConnect

There is no firmware requirement for SIP/H.323 calls into the RealConnect gateway service and you can in fact dial in any capable SIP/H.323 device, not just Polycom. If you want to use the One-Touch Dial service that is also included with RealConnect (and you should its amazing!) there may be some firmware limitations depending how old your units are.

Michael J. Levesque, PCVE

Resolve Collaboration Services Corp,

Michael J. Levesque, PCVE
Resolve Collaboration Services Corp.
Message 3 of 3