Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm using RP Mac Desktop (RPMD) 3.0 with OS 10.9 on a MacBook Pro i7 mid-2010 with loads of bandwidth available.

My Mac's LAN IP has been set manually to a reserved LAN IP. I have setup Port Mapping on my router (Airport Extreme 802.11n 4th Gen.), using Airport Utility 6.3.2, to open (map to both Public & Private) TCP ports 1720, 1731.

My set-up of RPMD is set for H.323; and when I activate RPMD, I click ALLOW for the pop-up "allow incoming network connections" through my OS 10.9 Firewall.

When I attempt to connect to an outside, H.323 endpoint (happens to be an HDX 8000 sitting on a direct connection to the internet - no firewall), my outbound video / audio can be seen / heard at this endpoint. However, I do not receive any video / audio from this H.323 endpoint. My video call connection is verified by the Green connection icon as well as the counting Elasped Time.

Notes:

- I have RP Mobile on my iPad Air WiFi, and I can call into my Desktop using my Public IP address. I'm not sure this really means anything since I'm doing so within my own LAN.

- I also use a 3rd Party utility  - OpenDNS - to set my DNS Server addresses at my router, and I've noticed that while it can use a TCP port, it's using a UDP port. At present, I have not setup my Port Mapping to open a UDP port for RPMD.

2 Questions -

1. I'd like to confirm the respective TCP (and UDP) ports for Port Mapping. (I have attached a snapshot of the Airport Utility Port Mapping setup.) Should I also setup UDP?

2. Based upon the above setup description of Port Mapping, any thoughts about why I am not receiving Inbound video / audio? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I remain hopeful about getting setup assistance for my Port Mapping settings. Since I've not yet received any replies, I'll try to provide some additional details which might help in providing me some guidance.

I've set up a snapshot Album at ImageShack, and possibly these snaps can help in getting some replies.

Here's the link to the public Album - AE Port Mapping: 

https://imageshack.com/a/zSlb/1

Again, as  a review, my Mac's LAN IP has been set manually to a reserved LAN IP. (See Sys Pref - Manual IP snapshot as well as the Network Options snap) 

I have setup Port Mapping on my Airport Extreme, using Airport Utility 6.3.2, to open (map to both Public & Private) TCP ports 1720, 1731. (See Airport Port Mapping snap - The 1731 port is for Audio Call Control) These specific, TCP ports were recommended by a Polycom tech. 

But, please note I have not setup any UDP ports, and the same Polycom tech recommended opening 3230 - 3285, although the snaps, from RPMD 3.0 Release Notes, show opening UDP ports 1719, 3230 - 3237, as well as 3238 for both UDP & TCP (if I’m reading the detail correctly). (See both the Incoming & Outgoing Ports snaps of the Release Notes)

I hope to confirm the precise ports to be opened, as well as confirm the “format” of entering the ports into the AE Port Mapping tab.

Also again as a reminder that when the RPMD software is activated on my Mac, I click ALLOW for the pop-up "allow incoming network connections" through my OS 10.9 Firewall that's set up in the System Preferences Security & Privacy.

I’ll be glad to answer any follow-up questions. Thanks again for all thoughts.

HP Recommended

I remain hopeful I'll receive assistance. 

HP Recommended

Having same problem.  Have not found a solution.  I customer support person did his best to help me a few days ago.  I have another appointment with him this Monday.

Did you figure it out?

Thank you.

Steve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.