Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I have eight GS500's with RP Touch displays.  I have recently upgraded them to the latest software version 6.2.2.6/ 2.2.2.6.  This issue persisted before the upgrade and I was hoping the upgrade resolved it.  I cannot access the RP Touch displays via chrome as it gives an error message.

"<ipaddress> normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to <ipaddress> this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be <ipaddress>, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit <ipaddress> right now because the website sent scrambled credentials that Google Chrome cannot process. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later."

I also get the same issue when I use Firefox.  Safari does seem to work but after clicking through several pop up messages and then me having to enter my laptop credentials for approval.

What can I do to resolve this?  This issue came to light after a security penetration test failed on these devices.  I've disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 but believe these errors may be SSL related yet not sure what to do to remedy.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.