Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RP desktop can't connect to CMA 4000 directory

Frequent Advisor

RP desktop can't connect to CMA 4000 directory

Hello all,

I have migrated from CMA desktop to RP desktop (registration to CMA 4000),the clients registers to CMA4000 but i can not see the directory.

If i make a point to point call,it works,also HDX/VSX devices can see the directory.

the issue is only with RPD clients.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: RP desktop can't connect to CMA 4000 directory

Hello @sotiris ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The CMA is no longer supported:

• End of sale for the CMA Solution was 31/12/2009
  • End of Service was 31/12/2010
  • End of Support was 01/07/2015

so we cannot answer any questions on this old device.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Frequent Advisor

Hello again,

I understand that CMA is out of service but i think it has to do with RP desktop.

Also it seems that the issue is on the software,not on CMA,if CMA had an issue,no HDX and VSX would work.

So,how can i use RP desktop client given that it does not work?

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @

RealPresence Desktop drops the support for Polycom CMA integration also. Have a look at the newest release notes for RPD (v3.9.).

Message 4 of 7
Polycom Employee

After working with another customer this week trying to use RDP with CMA it appears that the highest version of RPD that will work with CMA is v3.7.

Michael K. Bromley, CVE, CCENT, WCNA, VCA-DCV
Technical Lead
Infrastructure Technical Support Center
Message 5 of 7
Frequent Advisor

Hello Mike,

I will try version 3.7 and let you know.

Now the PC is running RPD version 3.9.

Thank you in advance.

BR,

Message 6 of 7
Frequent Advisor

Hello Mike,

i treid version 3.7,now i can register and see Presence,but i can not see Directory.

Maybe it is a Windows 7 issue?

Regards,

Message 7 of 7