Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi!

Just one simple question: i have one RPG 300 with corrupted firmware version 4.3.0.230161. Can i download same firmware from support.polycom.com, upload it to USB stick and upgrade without sw_keys.txt? Or i need key even if i want to "upgrade" software from same version to same version?

And if i want to upgrade RPD to version 4.3.1 do i need to put sw_keys.txt to the folder with firmware? Or just put firmare to the usb stick and it will be enough to upgrade? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you have a corrupted SD card, upgrading the firmware, or even attempting a factory restore, will not 'fix' the corrupted card.

Software keys are needed only when advancing in software versions that have changed in the first digit on either side of the first 'dot'.  So doing a USB stick to 4.3.1 from 4.3.0 should be fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.