Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

one question,is it possible to change sip port on rpg 500?

From the interface,i can only enable and disable sip,but can i change sip port from 5060 to something else?

Maybe via cli?

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hello all,

i fixed the issue by configuring my firewall(sophos UTM).

There is no sip server,the device is working using both H.323 and SIP for direct IP calls,by calling the public IP address of the device.

Before figuring out what was going wrong,i had only SIP enabled on ip settings to the RPG and outgoing calls were completed successfully without any server/registrar.

So,i believe that if you configure your firewall with the right settings you can use SIP for simple IP calls.

thank you both for your help

Regards,

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Sotiris,

no, it´s not possible. For reference have a look at the Admin Guide. Under "Port Usage" you can have a look at all needed ports and if they are configurable. SIP is not configurable...

HP Recommended

Hello,

i know this,i have an issue with RPG 500 behind a juniper firewall,while H323 is operational,there is no SIP incoming and outgoing at all.

I tried to reproduce this scenario but behind sophos UTM and i can see that outgoing is OK but i can not receive incoming,call is not establish,maybe sip signaling is mulfunctioning,that's why i would like to change this port.

Both firewalls are correctly configured,any ideas?

HP Recommended

But the Group is successfully registered to SIP-Server/Registrar? What Software version is installed on Group? If you want to troubleshoot, start with Wireshark and check what SIP error message you receive.

https://knowledgebase-iframe.polycom.com/kb/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=16654&sliceId=1&...

HP Recommended

i have traced the port,it seems that Polycom sends his internal IP to contact header,i think it should send its public,to be like 100.100.10.100:5060 but now it send 192.168.1.10:5060,so the other settings does not know where to respond.

With exactly the same firewall settings,i replaced Polycom with a video conference of another vendor,with the same internal ip,same public NAT and it worked.

Maybe it is a bug for 6.1.7-6.1.8 version,i will downgrade to test 6.1.5

HP Recommended

i do not have a sip server/registrar, i just want to use SIP for a simple IP call,is it mandatory to register the device to a sip server?

HP Recommended

Yes of course!! You always need an SIP-Server for communication! If you want direct communication, use H.323. I think you should read a bit about the topic VoIP, then it gets clearer for you to understand.

HP Recommended

hello, the sip registrar server is just a "directory" and call signalisation manager no ?

we dont need it if we know the IP adresss of the sip terminal we want to join.

if you dial sip:10.10.10.10:5060 (directly the IP adress) you can call a sip terminal using sip. exactly likes h323 do)

i think his problem is due to NAT. 

SIP and NAT can be hard to troubleshoot (depending of the device that performing NAT)

Many Brand (F5, checkpoint, cisco, Palo ..) of firewall/router/Loadbalancer device include help menchanism to help for thoses problems.

But even we these mechanism, you need to have a strong knowledge in the SIP protocol to resolve the problem if if doesnt work.

That's why many company uses public IP address directly for their visioconférences...

HP Recommended

In my opinion this is no SIP, you make an IP call on this port, nothing else.

Two Groups, in the same IP subnet. How do they know what codec to use?  How do they know what is their extension numbers? How do they know what ports to use? UDP? TCP, etc.?

In my opion they need SOMETHING to manage their configuration and push their configurations. This something is a call server (SIP-Server). 

HP Recommended
Hello all,

i fixed the issue by configuring my firewall(sophos UTM).

There is no sip server,the device is working using both H.323 and SIP for direct IP calls,by calling the public IP address of the device.

Before figuring out what was going wrong,i had only SIP enabled on ip settings to the RPG and outgoing calls were completed successfully without any server/registrar.

So,i believe that if you configure your firewall with the right settings you can use SIP for simple IP calls.

thank you both for your help

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.