Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have a RPG 500 setup that I want to be be able to use to contact (voice/video) a US client, however, they use a system called Zulty's MXMeeting. I have been advised by other sources that it's unlikely the two are able to communicate but then a Polycom rep has told me that if MXMeeting supports Lync, SIP ir H323 then there is a possibility they could speak to each other. Bit confused!!

If the two cannot talk to each other what other options do I have on the table. Would Skype for Business be my best fallback or maybe the US client could use Real Presence Desktop to onnect to our RPG 500 system in the UK? How do either of those work? Presumably I'd need to setup Port Forwarding and if so which ports?

Would be very greatful for any help and advice.

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

INTEROPERABILITY, the reason there are standards in the world of electronic communications.

Polycom endpoints and infrastructure are standards compliant, and to communicate to another video or voice terminal (device) they would also need to be standards compliant.  The list that you got from your Polycom representative are the standards that the Polycom terminals support.

If the Zulty's MXMeeting does not support the standards than possibly a bridging service, like Zoom or Bluejeans, can provide the gateway services needed to join multiple systems with different protocols together.

Your other suggestions would also be solutions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.