Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You know that when an RPG is the first participant in a RMX VMR, the RPG put a music file to run until the next participant enter in the VMR.

One of our 5 RPG's, have the following proble: everytime it is the first participant, the music file alwas have some "pause/block/not sound" for about 2 seconds every 20-30 seconds.

All the rest of RPG's doesn't have this problem.

Can someone suggest some corrective actions?

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello ibucur,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

A couple of questions:

• Software Version of the RealPresence Group in question?
    is this always the same RealPresence Group?
  • Software Version of the RMX?
  • Could it be a Network issue and have you taken a wireshark trace during this happening?
  • H.323 or SIP

Have you contacted your Polycom reseller on this as you seem to have a lot of issues all at the same time.?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

5.0.2. is the software of RPG

Always the same RPG

RMX version is 8.5.11

No wireshark trace until now

H323 calls

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello ibucur,

again you are not providing much details.

Can you move this one GroupSeries to another network aka swap it and does the fault move?

Is this all on the same network?

You can provide more details but if you struggle to identify the root cause you need Polycom support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your response

Is a good idea to try to move the RPG in another location, but we are taking about hundred of km's away.

All the RPG are on the same internal network.

Frankly speaking I don't understand the part with "internet discounter".

I can provide the serial number of Polycom device with no problem, please detail if it can be shared in a public way or in a private message.

As I previously mentioned we are trying to resign the expired  support contract with local Polycom representatives.

Bets regards, 

HP Recommended

Hello ibucur,

I mainly cover the VoIP products the the Internet discounter reference in my signature is from there.

You can share the serial number either by replying here or sending me a personal message.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

If you mute the local microphone, do you still have the audio "cut out" ?

If there is no cutout of audio, this might indicate the microphone is pickup up too much audio (ambiant or speaker) and it's cutting down the audio to listen for someone speaking in the room.

Good luck,

Gary Miyakawa

HP Recommended

Hi Gary

Thank you for the suggestion.

I'll trey and come with the results

Best regards,

HP Recommended

Hi Gary

I verified and no matter if the microphone is on/off, or is a SIP/H323 call or 512/1024 kbps, the music is still with pauses

Best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.