Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good morning, we are on 6.0.1 and since moving to 6.0 have noticed a change in monitor behaviour, or we've just got something not done right.

Normally, when idle (out of call), we've had content on both monitors. During calls, one side far cam other side content.

When we hit 6.0, and when idle, we can't get the content up on monitor one unless we set content as the priority (content, far, near) on the monitor setting. But, in call, we want far on 1 and content on 2.

Can't seem to make this work..... We do have the touchpad connected also if relevant. But always have had.

Any help appreciated. Having to change this back and forth to satisfy in and out of call users.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is true on all GS systems, not just the GS 700 and Polycom is aware of it and should be working on a fix.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is true on all GS systems, not just the GS 700 and Polycom is aware of it and should be working on a fix.

HP Recommended

Thank you, now we know we aren't just crazy I feel better. 🙂 

HP Recommended

You are not the only one 🙂 I also noticed this and immediately opened tickets as the new options did not offer the same layout options as before. (we used to use the "Decide for me" which was perfect). In 6.0 they took that away.

I have been working with support and can confim they are working on a fix. This week I tested a beta which contains this hotfix and can confirm it is resolved. It just a matter of waiting for them to include that fix in the next version and making that version (6.1) available to the public. The last I was told the target is before the end of Q1 2017. Until then, all of our units remain on 5.1.2 or older. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello, 6.1.0 has been released and I'm happy to report this issue has been fixed with the update!

Here are the settings I found work as close to the "Decide for me" option did:

Monitor 1: Far, then Content, then Near

Monitor 2: Content then Near

Hope this helps!

-Scott

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.