Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good Evening,

I have a question, that requires a bit of support in terms of software licensing.  We are currently assisting an end user with their VC environment, the partner that was involved has supplied dismal service times and speeds.

We have also struggled with connectivity locally.

The client original has M100 software licenses (legit and bought), and we have found that M100 is no longer working on our national networks - due to various reasons.  The end client has asked if the M100 license can be upgraded to Real Presence Desktop.  I do not think this to be a viable option, and proceeded to guide them onto the real presence platform.

The current issue, is that we loaded Real Presence desktop onto the clients laptops, and we have only recently achieved network stability, which unfortunately has passed the 30 day trial period.  The client does have a quote to purchase the relevant license, however, they would like to see Real Presence Desktop working in their environment, before proceeding - which I believe is understandable.  Is there anyway, in which Polycom could assist me in resetting a 30 day trial period, to prove network connectivity, so that we may close the sale of the real presence desktop licenses?

Due to the nature of the request, I would prefer an e mail response and for the solution not to be posted online.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Gary Skinner,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The license is as is and to my knowledge there is no way to reset it.

Both the m100 and the RPD would use the sameports (at least for H.323) and another way for you around this is may to use RPM on a tablet instead.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen Baier,

They do indeed use the same ports, however, M100 is not connecting to the VMRs, and RPD currently is.  I understand that M100 is either end of life, or getting close to it.  Getting M100 to work in the environment is not going to happen, without major labour involved, which the end client will not authorize.  

I cannot mark the answer as correct unfortunately, as I can foresee that this will be a prevelant issue, as a lot of time is spent correcting network related issues, and this then limits the users actual ability to appreciate the full 30 day triel.  I do however understand the implications hereof, and should maybe request that a new feature be brought in, or a process be made available to authorized polycom employees/distributors.

Kind Regards,

Gary Skinner

HP Recommended

Hello Gary Skinner,

to my knowledge there is no way to extend the 30 days without purchasing a license.

You have two options:

• Try another PC that never had the software installed

• Try Real Presence Mobile instead on a portable device as this has no such limitation

30 days should be a sufficient time frame to test the functionality and for any follow up questions I can only refer you to your Polycom reseller.

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.