Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a mac OS 10.7.5 with Real Presence Desktop on it, and it will not recieve calls. I have put itin front of our firewall with a fully routable IP address, it still wont work. I can make outgoing calls without problems. I did a port scan on the computer in question and everything looked fine. The firewall on the mac is disabled. What else can I do?

NMAP port scan:

PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION

88/tcp open kerberos-sec Heimdal Kerberos (server time: 2013-08-15 16:57:01Z)
135/tcp filtered msrpc
139/tcp filtered netbios-ssn
445/tcp filtered microsoft-ds
548/tcp open afp Apple AFP (name: Conference Room (2); protocol 3.4; Mac OS X 10.7;
1720/tcp open tcpwrapped
2002/tcp open ssl/globe?
5060/tcp open sip?
88/udp open kerberos-sec Heimdal Kerberos (server time: 2013-08-15 16:56:54Z)
123/udp open ntp NTP v4
135/udp open|filtered msrpc
136/udp open|filtered profile
137/udp open|filtered netbios-ns
138/udp open|filtered netbios-dgm
139/udp open|filtered netbios-ssn
162/udp open|filtered snmptrap
445/udp open|filtered microsoft-ds
1719/udp open|filtered h323gatestat
5060/udp open|filtered sip
5353/udp open|filtered zeroconf

I should say that we are on a trial with this product, and if we can't get it working we will not be buying, so far polycom has been no help.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Are you doing calls over SIP or H.323. Also are you registered to anything like a gatekeeper?

HP Recommended

H.323 no gatekeeper, I should also note, that when we had a V700 hooked up, it worked without problems.

HP Recommended

Can you try doing a call using SIP instead of H.323? You shouldn't have to register RPD or the farend system to anything for them to so SIP calls. 

HP Recommended

The people on the other end of the call are on an HDX system, and I have no idea how to walk them through calling over that. shouldn't the sftware answer no matter what protocol is used?

HP Recommended

Ok well in the HDX admin settings under system go to Network/Call preference make sure they have SIP enabled. H.323 should work but it make many connections at one time. Unless you are using a Video Boarder Proxy it is hard for a firewall to route all of the handshakes that need to happen. SIP is a lot easier for a firewall to translate. 

HP Recommended

There is no firewall between this machine and the internet., It is live right now. Would you be able to test dial into our system?

HP Recommended

Sure give me the IP address and I will test it out. 

HP Recommended

I sent it in a private message

HP Recommended

We have the same problem.  My associate can call me on my Mac and I can see her and hear her.  She cannot see or hear me.  We've opened all our ports through DMZ but there is still a problem.  Can you help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.