Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi. I have downloaded the trial version of PRD for Windows. I have tested it using an IP address and it seems to work fine. My need however is to link to an ISDN Sytem, specifically an older polycom512 MP system. Can the RPM or Real Presence Desktop Represents Desktop make a call to an ISDN number?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @GeraldJoe,

as you might know it supports SIP and H.323, so no native ISDN support. In my opinion the only way to call an ISDN participant, is the usage of a video-capable SIP-PBX with ISDN support. You register your RPD via SIP and call ISDN partner with the help of the PBX.

But why you wanna make ISDN calls? ISDN is dead in 2018 and Polycom MP512 is out of Service since 2013! It´s time for something new!

HP Recommended

Thanks. It is not up to me. I am dealing with a 'client' in a state department that is running this system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.