Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Real Presence Desktop

SOLVED
rweigel5
Occasional Visitor

Real Presence Desktop

I downloaded a trial version of RealPresence Desktop but can't seem to connect from outside my network. When I open port 1720 on my router, the application rings, but I can't answer the call. Do I need to open additional ports on my router to obtain full functionality? I have no problems connecting internally. Windows firewall is turned off. This is on a Windows 8 64bit box. Router is a netgear wndr4500. Current settings are H323. No gatekeeper is registered. Please advise,
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Real Presence Desktop

Hello rweigel5,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

According to the current 2.1 RPD release notes => here <= Windows 8 is currently not supported.

The release notes in addition mention on page 11 all needed ports.

The next planned release should add Windows 8 support but I do not have a current date for this yet.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK

Hello rweigel5,

According to the current 2.1 RPD release notes => here <= Windows 8 is currently not supported.

The release notes in addition mention on page 11 all needed ports.

The next planned release should add Windows 8 support but I do not have a current date for this yet.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Armen
Occasional Visitor

Hi, we bought RealPresence desktop fro 25 LIC, but how it should be avtivated?

Message 3 of 6
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

Armen,

Take a look at >>> [FAQ] How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license? <<<

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 4 of 6
Luis Mira
Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

I downloaded the RealPresence desktop for windows trial soft from Polycom and works fine with H.264 but it seems that it 

does not support HD. ¿Is it because of being a trial version? Or HD is not support  at all.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

L.

Message 5 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Luis Mira,

The reply of your does not really cover anything discussed in this post but could you kindly provide some basic details ?

• What Software Version of Real Presence Desktop are you trialing?
  • What Operating System are you using?
  • What PC Hardware are you using?
  • What Camera are you using?
  • What do you classify as HD?
  • Have you checked the RPD Release notes 3.6 as an example => here <= as it clearly list's the supported Resolutions

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 6