Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Real Presence Group 500 one way video conferent

Occasional Contributor

Real Presence Group 500 one way video conferent

Dear Community,

courrently we have real Presence Group 500, when i setup and make a call conferent to HDX 7000 serie at my site oversea it can see one way video only, i can see the video and audio but my site at oversea can not see the video but they can listen the audio.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Valued Contributor

Re: Real Presence Group 500 one way video conferent

It would help if you provide the software versions involved, network infrastructure and the network being traversed.  If it is MPLS then QOS may be involved and causing the video to be dropped at the far end.

Log files at both ends might also provide some clues.

JoeV
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Contributor

Hi JoeV, when i call to other site is no proplem, but when i call from cambodia to china site can see the video.

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello peang suy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Video FAQ contains this post here:

• Jun 21,2014 Question: Is there a way I can make a test call to a Polycom site?

Answer: Have a look at this post => here <=

• Jun 21,2014 Question: Are there specific Ports in my firewall that I need to open in order to utilize video conferencing?

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <=.

In addition check this FAQ post => here <= for more details and troubleshooting suggestions.

• Jun 21,2014 Question: What could be causing one way video or one way audio when utilizing video conferencing?

Answer: Please check the relevant release notes or admin guide for your device under the section “Inbound and Outbound Ports” or "Port usage" => here <= in order to open the relevant firewall ports.

In addition check this FAQ post => here <= for more details and troubleshooting suggestions.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4