Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Real Presence touch - Port settings

Occasional Contributor

Real Presence touch - Port settings

Hi...

Can anyone help me withsome information regarding which ports there need to be open, for communication between a Group 500 coedc and a touch panel? According to the manual port 22 are open and we have tied to open port 443 as well. But there is no communication between the codec and the touch panel. Only if all ports are opened.

So it seems that we need to open some aditionel port. But which ones ?

Thanks in advance

Best regrads

Rune

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Real Presence touch - Port settings

Hello Rune,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The section "Port Usage" within the Admin Guide should cover this in detail.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Polycom Employee

Re: Real Presence touch - Port settings

Rune,  ports should not be a concern as the RTP and the GS it is paired to are (should be) on the same subnet.   Typically a switch would not block any ports.  Ports are usually only a concern when going through a firewall.  if you are having troubles pairing an RPT to a GS first be sure they are both running the same software version.  See the Release notes to verify.

Ken
Polycom
Sr. Product Support Technician
Message 3 of 3