Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

We have a Groupseries 500 that keeps de-registering its SIP connection and calendering service every morning. The only work around is to restart the system, where it works for the entire day, but then loose the connection to the microsoft server after work hours later in the eveing. 

We then have to repeat the process at the beginging of everyday.

Any thoughts

we are currently running the below update

release - 6.2.1-540239

register server - sipdir.online.lync.com:443

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

PLease see uploaded log for the groups series.

HP Recommended

Hi @,

so you use SfB onprem or SfB online? What are your settings under Admin Settings > Network > IP Network > SIP?

HP Recommended

He is using SfB Online from what the SIP server URL suggests.

I would suggest to enable SIP Keep-Alive Messages under Admin Settings --> IP Network -->Firewall.

See attached settings for SIP.

HP Recommended

Yes, maybe a solution and in addtition I would reconfigure the SIP settings like recommended for SfB online:

• Enable SIP“: check
      • Enable AS-SIP“: optional
      • SIP Server Configuration“: auto
      • Transport Protocol“: auto
      • Force Connection Reuse“: leave unchecked
      • BFCP Transport Preference“: prefer UDP
      • Sign-in Address“: please type your O365 Sign-in address in format:
      • User name“: please type your O365 Sign-in address again in format
      • Password“: Check password box and fill the two fields with your corresponding user password
      • Proxy Server“: leave this field blank
      • Registrar Server Type“: set to „Microsoft“
HP Recommended

Hi Mschulze,

I am using SFB online. please see setting attached.

username : boardroom@domain.org

HP Recommended

Hi nikhilpr,

I will try your suggestion and let you know.

Thanks for your help.

regards,

Joe

HP Recommended

Hi Nikhilpr,

Just checked. its already set to keep alive. please see attachment.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi Mschulze,

I will try chnaging the SIP Server Configuration“: from specify to Auto. will update you with results.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Do the services show as down? 

We had and still have issues with the services showing as up, however, we cannot initiate or accept a SfBO call. 

After a reboot of the GS500 the SIP and Calendar services show as down and I have to re-enter in the password for the user to restore services. 

This issue will occur again over the evening hours. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.