Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RealPresence 300 and 500 unable to locate the server for calendaring

Adam in DC
Regular Advisor

RealPresence 300 and 500 unable to locate the server for calendaring

I have reviewed the FAQs in this forum and am hoping for a suggestion that will put me in the right direction.

I have two RealPresence units in Washington and two in London.  We were recently fortunate to acquire 4 RealConnect licenses through Polycom's new promotion.  After a bit of work, I was able to successfully connect the 2 DC units not only to 365, but ultimately, One Touch Dial OTD.  We have successfully tested a Microsoft Teams call in DC using a 310, 500 and desktop units via RealConnect.  It works

Unfortunately, in my London location, I am unable to successfully connect to either 365 or OTD in the calendaring service.  My 500 is running 6.1.5.  Can I assume this version supports 365 and/or OTD?  I don't want to upgrade the unit until I am physically in front of the unit and can do so via USB - which I find to be better than via the web.

If it's not the version of the OS I have checked the following items:

• I've checked and updated the DNS for our newest internal DNS servers
  • I've checked and updated the network name
  • I've added the following objects to an allowed address list for video conferencing in our Firewall in London
    • outlook.office.com
    • outlook.office365.com
    • smtp.office365.com
    • old.plcm.vc
    • t.plcm.vc

And yet I still cannot connect the calendaring service to either 365 or OTD. 

I have also checked the user name and password for the account and made sure the naming convention was correct. 

This feels to be a firewall issue - what other addresses - either named or IP - must I add to the whitelisted group for the 300 or 500 to talk to their respective calendaring services - either in 365 or OTD.  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Adam in DC
Regular Advisor

Re: RealPresence 300 and 500 unable to locate the server for calendaring

For those that might be interested, it turns out that the unit in London we received from Polycom and/or their distributor and a "security profile" set to "Maximum."  This basically meant that it couldn't connect to anything.  Apparently, their normal profile is "Low."  When I changed it to Low - the calendaring service worked. 

Unfortunately, changing the security profile blew away all of the user names and passwords to login to the unit - so it's orphanned and needs a factory reset.  But the OTD OneTouch Dial works. 

Message 2 of 2