Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Previously in the 5.X software, during a VC call I could have the system set to have Monitor 1 show Far End and Monitor for Near End / Content Sharing, and during non-VC calls if I was sharing content, it would just show the content on both screens.

Now with the 6.0 software while there are a lot of layout options to configure on each Monitor, I can't get it to replicate what we had in 5.X without having login to the system web interface to switch the monitor profiles depending on if we are in a call and out of a call. 

I hope this makes sense.

I mean I can set both Monitor 1 & 2 to Content, then Far, then Near and outside of a VC call content shows up on both screens, but then when I make a VC call and go to share content, I'd like Monitor 1 to show just the Far End, and Monitor 2 to show Content / Near.  

Any help would be appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

This is a known miss in the 6.0 software and is planned to be 'restored' in a future release.

To make sure you are alerted to the release it would be best to open up an service request with Polycom, 1-800-POLYCOM

The current recommended work-around, IF the user has access to the Web UI, is:

Out of a call, set Monitor 1 to “Content then Far” and set Monitor 2 to “Content then Near”.

Then during a call, you can change Monitor 1 to “Far then Near”.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update.  Hopefully it's updated in the next minor update.  We're downgrading some of our rooms with dual monitor setups until then since changing the setting everytime they want to use it is minor hassle we don't want to deal with.

HP Recommended

Our company has over 35 Group Series endpoints, 32 of which have dual monitors and this exact issue has been a show stopper for us. We ended up having to downgrade because our employees kept putting in tickets about either the content not coming up on both screens (When not on a call) or not able to hide the content on the left screen (when in a call). None of the new settings allow the same configuration as the past when there was just a “decide for me” which worked perfectly.

I noticed 6.0.1 was released yesterday but after looking through the release notes I don’t see anything in there about this. I’ve been in contact with our Polycom rep and he said other customers have been complaining about this as well. I really hope they can fix this in the next update.

HP Recommended

Any update on this feature?  Still keeping my systems downgraded to 5.x until this issue is solved.

HP Recommended

@Polycom_Video_E wrote:

This is a known miss in the 6.0 software and is planned to be 'restored' in a future release.

To make sure you are alerted to the release it would be best to open up an service request with Polycom, 1-800-POLYCOM

The current recommended work-around, IF the user has access to the Web UI, is:

Out of a call, set Monitor 1 to “Content then Far” and set Monitor 2 to “Content then Near”.

Then during a call, you can change Monitor 1 to “Far then Near”.

Did you do as asked aka open a Service Ticket ?

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Our local Polycom rep submited a ticket for this and we haven't heard any updates either. We are about to buy more systems for a new office and I really hope this can be fixed quickly so I don't have to downgrade all of them when they arrive.

HP Recommended

Hello schramm,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please post the Polycom reference starting with 1- 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, the ticket number is 1-4280966341. Please advise the status as I never heard any updates on it. Thanks!

-Scott

HP Recommended

Just a caution about downgrading.  You should look at the release notes to make sure there is nothing about the hardware you receive that needs current software for the drivers in it.  From time to time cahnges are made in the software that require different drivers and you can not downgrade those prior ot the required software for those drivers.

Please see the release notes for more information about this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.