Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RealPresence Desktop FECC in Point-to-Point Calls

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

RealPresence Desktop FECC in Point-to-Point Calls

Does RPD support FECC in point-to-point calls?  It's supported in our bridged calls, but cannot find any documentation confirming whether or not it's supported for point-to-point calls.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: RealPresence Desktop FECC in Point-to-Point Calls

Hello @coost ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Not sure where you checked but for example, the 3.10.4 release notes >here< show:

• H.281 Far End Camera Control (FECC)

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response, but it doesn't answer my question.  I know that RPD supports FECC in general, and have been able to confirm that it works when on a multi-point call hosted on the RMX/Collaboration Server, but I cannot get it to work when doing a point-to-point call.  I've tested between RPD and a Group Series 500 as well as RPD and another device running RPD with a PTZ camera.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @coost ,

I have run this by the product manager and the senior program manager and they both confirmed that RDP will have FECC in a P2P call.

If this fails for you this would need to come into our support organisation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4