Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would like to know if you would have a fix or a workaround for theses problems :

Realpresence Desktop Version 2.1 :

Problem with multiple monitor desktop.  We are unable to properly enable the fullscreen setting on a chosen monitor... It often go on the primary monitor.

This problem led us to upgrade to version 3.3

Realpresence Desktop Version 3.3 :

When connecting to a Sony PCS-G50 Terminal.  The distant users don't receive any video feed from the Polycom software.

Result:

We can't use properly the version 2.1 because most of our workstations are multi-monitors and we can't use the version 3.3 either because of the compatibility issue induced with this new version...

Resolution:

Is there a way to fix at least one of these problems so we can choose one of these version to work with ?

Thank you...

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Anto33,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have you got any other Polycom infrastructure ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

???

How is this relevant to our problem with Polycom Realpresence? ....

We have about 5-6 users at the moment using RealPresence Desktop, we have a few Polycom physical endpoints but mostly Sony PCS-XG80 or Sony PCS-G50.

We are currently planing to buy more licences of Realpresence but we won't if there is no fix for these issues.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello Anto33,

support of the Real Presence Desktop application is usually via the community and does not directly involve Polycom support.

If you use any Polycom Infrastructure it would be easier to open a case directly with support.

I have made the developers aware of this post but do not have any information if any interoperability testing was made with any Sony codec.

Is this Sony PCS-g50 only or both types of Sony ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The problem only happen with the Sony PCS-G50 and this only happen with version 2.3 or newer.

The version 2.1 of RDP works correctly with the Sony PCS-G50 but we have an issue with the multi monitor support as i stated earlier.

I tried contacting the support but they suggested to ask our reseller ( which will take a long time to get an answer ) or post a thread into the community forums.

HP Recommended

Please have a look at software version realse of both products.

Put your sony VC device on basic mode or diagonic mode then try to call from RPD.

BR

Yash

HP Recommended

Hello Anto33,

we would need the RPD logs and a Wireshark trace.

You can try and work with support via your existing infrastructure or post the files here.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi BR,

Thank you for your answer.  Unfortunately there is no such mode on this Endpoint ( Sony PCS-G50 )

As an attachement file, a PDF with the current configuration and possible options on the PCS-G50

HP Recommended

Hello Anto33,

The PC that is running the Real Presence desktop software needs to get Wireshark installed and then start a trace on that machine and replicate the issue.

Save the wireshark trace and also the Real Presence desktop logs and provide them either here or via your Polycom reseller to Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I can provide you with the Wireshark trace if you absolutely need it... But since the version 2.1 of RPD is working i can only assume that this is not network related, correct me if i am wrong or is this because you had another idea in mind?

I'll be waiting for your answer before going ahead with the Wireshark trace.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.