Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RealPresence Desktop Problem on Windows 8.1

Occasional Contributor

RealPresence Desktop Problem on Windows 8.1

I have installed Polycom RealPresence Desktop on several Windows 7 laptops successfully.  Video and audio work fine.  However after installing RealPresence on a Windows 8.1 laptop I am experiencing problems.  The remote end can see video and hear audio, but I am not able to see or hear anything.  I have had the network team enable all the ports on the network firewall.  I have also turned off Windows 8.1 firewall.  Still same results.  RealPresence Desktop data sheet says that it is compatible with Windows 8, Pro, Enterprise, 32 bit and 64 bit.

Can anyone assist?

Thank you, Steve B

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: RealPresence Desktop Problem on Windows 8.1

Hello Steve

8.1 is not Windows 8 so at present I believe it is not compatible

<==== Signature / Disclaimer ======>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Polycom Employee

Steve,

RPD v3.2 (available for download) supports Windows 8.1. If you download and use v3.2 and are still having trouble please request support.

Thank you,

Marty

Message 3 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Can you please tell me, if the gatekeeper registration is compulsory to initiate a call via RPD ? If so then kindly let me know from where can I have this address ? 

@sbelarmino wrote:

I have installed Polycom RealPresence Desktop on several Windows 7 laptops successfully.  Video and audio work fine.  However after installing RealPresence on a Windows 8.1 laptop I am experiencing problems.  The remote end can see video and hear audio, but I am not able to see or hear anything.  I have had the network team enable all the ports on the network firewall.  I have also turned off Windows 8.1 firewall.  Still same results.  RealPresence Desktop data sheet says that it is compatible with Windows 8, Pro, Enterprise, 32 bit and 64 bit.

Can anyone assist?

Thank you, Steve B

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Steve B, 

I'm assuming nothing has changed on the network. Is it possible to try the same systems within the firewall? This sounds a lot like a fiewwall issue rather than the OS. Also, if this does not work, I'm thinking you probably have support included. You could submit a Support Ticket.

MobileGuy

Message 5 of 5