Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have installed the trial of RealPresense desktop on 2 laptops running Windows 7, however after installation the application sticks on 'launching service engine' on the splash screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Rebooted. All done as full domain admin.

I have also installed on a third laptop of the same config, and it worked ok. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this at all?

Staff are keen to use this software for VC, but we just need them to trial first before purchasing to ensure it is suitable.

Many thanks

Robert

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It maybe due to a software conflict on the PC but to be sure and determine what you need to open a service ticket with Polycom so it can be investigated.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would log a call - but as this is a trial product I dont have any of the required serial number/uuid/domain details required to log a ticket. Is there anyway around this?

thanks

rob

HP Recommended

Hi Rob

Did you solve this? I have the same issue. Wondering if it might be a firewall issue.

Thanks

Dave

HP Recommended

Hi,

Not managed to resolve as yet. It works on desktop workstations at our organisation, so doesnt look to be a organisational firewall issue. Windows firewall is configured in same way on desktops and laptops (i.e. switched off). Really odd. If I find an answer I will definitely post it on here.

thanks

rob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.