Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, my name is Gabriel Gamez from Monterrey, Mexico.. I have the trial RealPresence Desktop 3.0 but I have 2 questions and hope if you can help me please...

1.- I need to buy a webcam cheaper, so, can I use the Logitech bcc950 in the RealPresence Desktop 3.0 trial, because this Logitech have video HD, or another webcam that you recomend me???? of course i prefer to buy your webcams..but i dont have Budget 😞 ...

2.- can i use a webcam with IP and connect to my RealPresence Desktop 3.0 trial or I need to use a webcam USB ???

Regards...

Gabriel Gamez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Gabriel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Polycom does not sell USB cameras and the RPD application simply uses a available USB or built in Camera.

There are certain PC requirements and I advise to check the RPD release notes => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Gabriel,

Polycom does not sell USB cameras and the RPD application simply uses a available USB or built in Camera.

There are certain PC requirements and I advise to check the RPD release notes => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thankypu Very Much, i was check the requierements por only said in Camera we can use internal or external but no said the kind of external camera.. but in the settings configuration in the RealPresence Desktop, only acept integrated camera or USB, so, i supose that this aplications no acept Ethernet camera...

And i know that you dont sells usb camera, but i only want to know if this Logitech USB camera BCC950 Works good with the aplication RealPresence Desktop 3.0 or higher..

Regards.

Gabriel.

HP Recommended

Hi, i have another question for my  App RealPresence Desktop 3.0 or higher... can i use the videoconference LOGITECH CC3000E in the RealPresence Desktop???

Regards.

Gabriel

HP Recommended

The Far End Camera control Doesnot work 

When we use cc3000e with logitech

Please Solve this

HP Recommended

Hello uds1987,

Checking against the RPD 3.3 release notes we do not state that we have either tested this camera or that we support this.

It is always useful to provide a minimum amount of Information.

• What RPD version are you using and what operating system?

• Is this a SIP or H.323 call?

• Have you contacted Logitech yet if they believe that this should be working utilizing industry standard video conferencing protocols aka H.281?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

How do we control a Logitech PTZ Pro from RPD newest version or any version?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.