Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has contacted Polycom support regarding this and has any further information or any dates of when  the integration of Polycon and S4B / 0365  will be fully supported ?

Would be great to keep updated information for all the comunity 🙂

Many thanks all.

Daniel.

HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Due missing NDA / Non disclosure agreement we are unable to comment in public.

Please work with your Polycom reseller / Polycom Sales Engineer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Ken,

Have you had any luck with your issues?

We, very much like you, were told it works bla bla bla... but although we are running latest firmware (6.1.1) we have issues with failed registration on a daily basis...

Thanks

EldadiO

HP Recommended

Hi, the Polycom native Skype for Business Online integration is buggy at best.

We did get it to work, but not without issues, and quickly realized that registering the Polycom with S4B online was not the direction we wanted to go. It forces the unit in to Skype mode. The Skype mode interface is dictated by Microsoft and not anything Polycom has control over. so I don't expect this to improve, ever. Skype mode eliminates about 90% of the functionality of the Polycom, and forces you to use a touch device to do anything.  To make it worse, it forces the touch device in to Skype mode also - something that is not clear in any documentation.

Ultimately, every feature we were excited about was completely locked out once we registered with S4B online. In addition, we lost our flexibility to direct connect with other services / endpoints. After working with high level support reps, it was clear this was a bad direction to go. Honestly, I would struggle to come up with a single reason anybody would want to integrate their RP Group Series with S4B online.

With that said we are currently exploring the Office 365 Video Interop service. http://www.polycom.com/hd-video-conferencing/microsoft-video/realconnect.html

It's brand spanking new, and not fully integrated with Office 365 yet. However, I have had a much better experience with it, and am cautiously optimistic it will meet our needs. You can get a trial through a Polycom rep.

The video interop service is hosted in Azure and licensed like Office 365. It is basically an RMX server in the cloud and allows your Polycom to run in it's native mode, and still integrate with Skype and all your other potential customers and endpoints.

Hope this helps, let me know if you come up with any breakthroughs on this.

HP Recommended

Hi Ken.  I have been watching this topic for quite some time as we purchased two Group Series 310's to use with Skype for Business/Office 365.  We were told that they would be operational by the end of 2016 but apparently Microsoft keeps delaying the certification so it's not officially supported.  Once we got the Polycom touch panels for the 310's, I was able to connect up to Skype with Office 365 and have had a few issues but as my Polycom rep told me, they are not yet supported so there is nothing we can do about it.  I understand your complaint about only being able to use S4B but I don't see this being an issue for us as we will be using them exclusively with S4B and that's all we really need.  Ignorance is bliss I guess as I haven't used them for anything else. I am going to read more about the "RealConnect for Office 365 and Skype for Business" as that does look interesting.  

I'm still hoping that the 310's will be certified soon.  Until then, I have a couple devices that are very limited.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

This is now officially supported using Software version 6.1.1.

Any issues must be reported via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This is big news!  Does that apply to the 300/310 as well as the 500?

HP Recommended

Hello ,

this should not be limited to a certain model. All GroupSeries are supported to my knowledge.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Support has been giving mixed feedback on this. I was told in March or April that these units were officially certified by Microsoft. Version 6.1.1 has been out for as long. Maybe I was just receiving "insider" information. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What benefits are we expected to receive due to the certification?

Nearly all my experience has been on version 6.1.1 which has had some pretty significant bugs. But, above all, once placed in Skype mode the unit becomes a severely hobbled former version of itself.  I understand this is dictated by Microsoft. Is there any buzz about renegotiating this?

This would be my biggest complaint about my experience - the documentation does not make a diligent effort to distinguish between S4B and S4B Online.  Therefore, it came as a shocker to me all the things I could not do once Skype mode was activated with S4B Online.

HP Recommended

Hello KenAppel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Prior to yesterdays announcement the GroupSeries was not officially supported and only users who participated in the Polycom TAP program received support.

Since yesterday anyone can utilize it pending they have the right license and as already documented as a RP Touch.

I am unaware of any public plans to support Office 365 without a RP Touch at present and can only advise you to work with a Polycom sales engineer.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.