Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RealPresence Group 500 Series

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

RealPresence Group 500 Series

Hi there,

Currently we are using many of this RealPresence Group 500 Series in our offices globally which works fine with Skype.

However we are soon transiting and migrating to Microsoft Teams in our organization and get to know that it`s not supported.

Is there any solution & services that anyone can advise on this and is there any plan of firmware updates for RealPresence Group 500 Series to support Teams ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: RealPresence Group 500 Series

Hello @Dennis Poh ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Our partner Microsoft requirements and restrictions do not cover the GroupSeries Hardware to run a native Teams software.

If this is impacting your organisation please work with Microsoft on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen,

Since Group Series hardware is not supported on Teams, does Polycom Realconnect solution helps?

Thanks & Regards: Dennis Poh

Message 3 of 4
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Dennis Poh,

yes it does. Polycom RealConnect for Microsoft Teams is a cloud video interoperability service for Microsoft Teams-based meetings. Hosted in Microsoft Azure, RealConnect Service for Teams enables standards-based (H.323/SIP) video endpoints to connect into Teams meetings.

Message 4 of 4