RealPresence Group 500 cannot register to SIP

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

RealPresence Group 500 cannot register to SIP

I have several RealPresence Group 310/500 codecs that have all of a sudden lost their ability to register to our SIP server.  Interestingly they are all saying "The system was unable to sign in to the Skype for Business server. Please verify your logon credentials and try again."  Thats interesting because they do not register to Skype for Business and never have, they should be registering to our VBP7301.  The units in question do not even have the interop license assigned to them and are running version 6.1.2 and 6.1.4 of the Polycom RealPresence Group software.  I am very confiused as to why or how they suddenly think that they should be registering to SfB and any help getting them back to the VBP would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: RealPresence Group 500 cannot register to SIP

Hello @KeithKnowles,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It would be of interest to see your SIP settings from the Web UI.

Simply post a screenshot?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Occasional Visitor

I have attached screenshots of my SIP settings and options pages.

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @KeithKnowles,

Are you sure you have not enabled the Skype Mode:

GroupSeriesSkypeMode.png

Simply use the Search Field to find the menu item.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Occasional Visitor

I'm sure.  Sorry, I should have included that screenshot as well as it referenced Skype.

Message 5 of 6
Occasional Visitor

So, following my gut, I removed every reference to Polycom Touch as well (the reason being is I had a touch panel paired with these systems that had previously been used for an SfB system) and then rebooted them all and low and behold they are registering to the VBP again.  I am still unsure of why that had any effect but it is working again.

Message 6 of 6