Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a Group 500 codec that will not respond, and will not factory reset.

The codec will not respond to Polycom remotes, so I cannot see the detailed system information. The serial number for the unit is 8215044314F0CV, but without the remote, I cannot view the current system software.

The power sensor does not function either. The unit will not power off so I can try a proper restore. Nor does it recognize that I am touching the power sensor during my attempts at restoring.

I have a paperweight at this point. Any ideas on getting the system to reset?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I was mentioning the sensors because I believe my codec's "power proximity sensor" or power button does not work either. So I cannot technically do step 4 in the factory reset instructions.

Also, when I say remote control, I mean the physical Polycom remote control - the device that allows me to change volume, navigate the menu, etc.

Since my codec does not respond to either its power button, or remote control device, I was thinking the sensors no longer work.

Thank you for the information! I will contact my seller at this point.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Physically remove the power cable, follow directions here.

If is isn't powering at all it is time for a service call to your supplier.

If Steffen shows up he can tell you who it came from based on the s/n.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding, Scott!

Unfortunately, I have followed those steps many times, with and without the power cable. 

The codec turns on and boots properly when the power cable is plugged in. But it does not respond to the remote control, or the proximity sensor that acts as a "power button." I can turn it on by plugging it in, turn it off by unplugging it, and that is it.

Step 4 states "While continuing to hold the restore button, press the power button once." I'm betting my sensors are dead and this is why I can't reset the codec properly.

Hopefully Steffen has an idea or can direct me to my supplier.

Thank you again!

HP Recommended

Hello @MansfieldDCLCP,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The remote control sensor should not stop the unit from being reset.

There is no remote access needed when resetting and it sounds like something more fundamental.

Westcon-Comstor Americas sold this unit back in 21/04/2015 to the University of Montana DCLCP

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I was mentioning the sensors because I believe my codec's "power proximity sensor" or power button does not work either. So I cannot technically do step 4 in the factory reset instructions.

Also, when I say remote control, I mean the physical Polycom remote control - the device that allows me to change volume, navigate the menu, etc.

Since my codec does not respond to either its power button, or remote control device, I was thinking the sensors no longer work.

Thank you for the information! I will contact my seller at this point.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.