Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have an issue with the real presence desktop.

We got a polycom HDX6000 behind a VBP 4555.

All call from our HDX to another polycom HDX system works fine,

I'm making test with an adsl line out of office network.

when I run the RPD, it say that the H323 is taking too long to connect (I write that our GK is our VBP) and when I try to reach our polycom solution, the RPD connect but can't see and hear the far site. the far site can see me and hear me...

Thanks from reading me .

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello syswiko

You have a VBP-E server, which doesn't support H.460 tunneling protocol, therefore you can't use your VBP for registration\call\provisioning RP Desktop clients, which located behind firewall\NAT.

I attached an old good VBP design guide, take a look at this guide to understand VBP-E & VBP-ST features and differences.

Currently the VBP-ST series is EOL. If you need use software video clients in Internet you should implement >>Polycom Access Director solution<<

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer.

If I understand correctly, we can't use realPresence Desktop with active GK registering, with our actual network infrastructure.

Does is it possible to establish a call between the RPD and our Polycom, using a mobile connection?  disabling GK registering.

when I tried  to connect, using a mobile connection, it didn't work too with some mobile operator. (I think it's come to a restriction from there side).

Thank you

Regards

HP Recommended

If I understand correctly, we can't use realPresence Desktop with active GK registering, with our actual network infrastructure.

Yes, you can't use RP Desktop or Mobile (outside your network) with VBP-E. You can try use RP Desktop in standalone mode (without registration), in that case you should  set "Use NAT" on RPD's settings, look at >>Polycom® RealPresence® Desktop for Windows Help 3.1<< p.8 

Does is it possible to establish a call between the RPD and our Polycom, using a mobile connection?

Not, it doesn't, because mobile client sends his internal IP addresses inside their H323 messages.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.