Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Anyone using the two RCA inputs on a group 700 for there third-party microphones? I've got a system that runs 6.0 and I am not able to hear the incoming audio in a call. When I look at the "audio meters" I do see incoming sound at more than 0db, so that seems to be right.

The manual tells use to enable "Use Input for Microphone" when you want to enable microphones on audio input 1 or trough a line-level mixer to the AUX audio in, but that seems to be missing on a group 700 release 6.0

Do I miss something? is there a setting that is preventing the audio into the call? hope someone has some experience with this, any help is appreciated.

Br, Ferdi

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Use input for microphones does not change the input between line level and microphone level, it is available on the GS 310 and 500s.  It was replaced in the 6.0 software with a number of different options for using the 3.5mm input on those systems.

All the inputs are line-level inputs so the microphones will have to be connected to something, i.e. SoundStructure, to provide the codec a line level input. 

HP Recommended

Yes there is a mixer inbetween that delivers line-level audio, the microphones are not directly attached tot the RCA input. Whit your reply I made the assumpltion that the manual is not correct and that the RCA input is alway availible in a video call if there is a correct source attached on it off-course, can you comfirm that?

Playing arround with the system, turning off and on settings that where related to audio, created a fix whereby I do hear audio in a video caal at the moment. But as far as I can remimber I didn't chage any setting. Are there settings that prevent the audio form the RCA imput to work in a video call? or did I hit a bug.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.