Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I updated my group series to ver: 6.2.1.1 and now the Skype for business won't register to the sip server. I already verified the username and password on O365 which all works and I have tried registering manually with no luck.

If anyone has some ideas, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Joe85 ,

welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

For your new issue is this Office 365 aka Skype for Business Online?

I suggest to double check the release notes as often maintenance releases are not approved by our Partner Microsoft and therefore the user-agent submitted is blocked.

If not escalate this into our Support Team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Joe85 ,

welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

For your new issue is this Office 365 aka Skype for Business Online?

I suggest to double check the release notes as often maintenance releases are not approved by our Partner Microsoft and therefore the user-agent submitted is blocked.

If not escalate this into our Support Team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, Steffen,

Approved and now all works.

very thankful.

HP Recommended

I had the same thing happen, and did the acknowledge agreement thing through Polycom and Office 365 as directed by the Release Notes.

However, I'm seeing my Directory Server still not registering with Microsoft.  Under Diagnostics->System It's still showing Microsoft Server as Red.  We have directory server set as Microsoft and then our domain.

SIP server seems to be the only thing that new signature ID agreement thing fixed.

What do you see on yours?

HP Recommended

Under SIP in the UI, I re-entered the password (Password checkbox then opens two Password fields) and after a few seconds, it Registered.  Just a suggestion...  I had the same issue last week!

HP Recommended

I wasn't able to get it to register to the directory server after reentering in my SIP account and password.

I even tried to put in different credentials and it wouldn't accept them.  It's like it cached that info and wouldn't let it go.

I was able to get the directory server registered again by downgrading the Group 310 back to 6.2.1, make sure SIP, Directory, and Calendering services were all registered and green, then I upgraded back again to 6.2.1.1 (now that I had previously accepted the 3rd party agreement link), and now everything appears to be registered and working properly again.

Sadly it took around 1.5 hours to do the downgrade and upgrade of the 310, but at least it's working.

Thanks for your help.

Eric

HP Recommended

Stefan, perhaps you can let your tech writers know that the Polycom Centro documentation does not include the Tech Advisory for authorizing for O365.  Only the Group Series release notes included this information.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. If there was to be another update to the documentation we would include this in it.  But whereas the Centro was End of Sale the end of March 2019 there will not be any additional updates to the documentation for it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.