Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RealPresence on Microsoft Surface/Windows RT

GrisCorp
Occasional Contributor

RealPresence on Microsoft Surface/Windows RT

Our sales team purchased three Microsoft Surface 2 tablets without consulting IT for input and required functionality.  They want to be able to use RealPresence on the tablets.  It doesn't appear Polycom has bothered to create a RealPresence Mobile for Windows, so I would like to know if there is a way to run the android version on Windows 8.1 RT or to install the Desktop version.  I've looked into BlueStacks, but it seems they have not yet released an app player for Windows RT despite their stated intention, in December 2012, to do so.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kendo
Polycom Employee

Re: RealPresence on Microsoft Surface/Windows RT

A version of RealPresence Desktop is being worked on for Windows 8 however because the Surface RT is not intel based, RPD will not work on that model. Because the future version has not been released I cannot guarantee that this will even work on the Surface Pro.

Ken
Polycom
Sr. Product Support Technician
Message 2 of 4
Joe Montiverdi
Occasional Visitor

Is there a timeline for the Surface 3 app for Real Presence? 

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Joe,

Welcome to the Polycom community.

Discussions about future version are not possible within the community as they require the customer / user to sign a Non-disclosure agreement.

Currently supported platforms in released versions are documented within the release notes.

In order to get access to future roadmap information’s please work with a Polycom reseller to be brought in touch with a Polycom sales engineer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4