Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hi all, We recently bought a Polycom Real Presence Group 700 for our office. We can connect to it fine within our own LAN using realpresence desktop and Polycom units at remote sites can connect to it as well. We can also connect to it using the mobile app from our mobile phones We cannot however get Realpresence Desktop to work properly with an external connection. We have given the polycom codec a static IP address in our LAN DMZ and forwarded all of the necessary ports as an extra precaution. When we use the Realpresence Desktop to dial from a wifi device we can hear the call ringing on our codec but when we accept the call continues to ring until it rings out? I also create a DMZ for the PC using the wifi device to call and forwarded all of the necessary ports as an extra precaution. I have ran out of ideas, has anyone got any experience with this that could help?
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
We are also using the latest version of realpresence desktop with win 7.
HP Recommended

Hello Hipac

welcome to the community.

If i have understood right, you have configured a static NAT for your Group 700 and PC with RP Desktop and trying to make a call via Internet. Do you use H.323?

I guess you have a NAT issue.

NAT question has been already discussed several times in the community.

Please, take a look at:

1) some community's posts >>here<<    >>here<<   and   >>here<<

2) >>Administrator’s Guide Group Series 4.1.3<<   p. 33 "Configure the System for Use with a Firewall or NAT"

>>Real Presence Desktop Help 3.2<<   p.10 "Use NAT"

Regards

HP Recommended

and please check, that your firewall doesn't block any packets between units, it looks like a firewall block some h.225 messages.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your response. We will look at these things again and let you know what finally solves it.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, its working fine in LAN network. But unable to connect through mobile application using WiFi (Ruckus R510)in LAN network

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.