Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a really strange issue that is triggered by RP desktop, although I doubt is the cause

When making calls within a few seconds to a minute the whole router drops out, sending all the lights off and losing all connectivity. It then proceeds to handshake and comes back up normally

I work from home and am on-line literally all the time, VPN/Skype/Browsing and have no problems

If I have a bad router only Realpresence appears to trigger the router drop out

I've tried it on more than one PC with the same thing occuring

What I was basically hoping was, just maybe, someone else has experienced this and could offer advice

I have no router logs because it resets it.. the broadband providor has no idea

So fire away with any suggestions..

Router setup:

Technicolor TG582n

Internet fibre - Routed Internet FTTX 

A seperate box Talktalk supplied that I believe connects router to fibre (I think it's a BT unit)

Router config changes. I disabled WLAN and use all wired connections. I setup some port forwarding so I could host/serve

I think it's a buggy router myself but open to any suggestions

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please make sure all are setup corectly for RPD before to suspect.

Have you tried with another PC?

What is the configration of RPD(use GK or satndalone)?

Do you have VLAN enabled network enviorment?

BR

Yash

HP Recommended

Found out what it was. To document here the cause of this..

It was my router not being able to handle the H323 protocol properly

Specifically it was the router firewall. Disabling the firewall cured the problem

It's also possible to configure routers firewall to let H323 traffic through

Martin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.