Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello!

We are occasionally unable to answer calls from our other facility. Sometimes it works fine. Other times we'll click on the answer button, but the call will just keep ringing.

Our two facilities are connected by a VPN. VPN traffic is set to ignore ACLs. They are calling our Realpresence Desktop's local IP address. The VPN is terminated with a Cisco ASA on our end.

Both systems are Windows 7. They are using Telepresence M100 and we are using Realpresence Desktop. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello leonard,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds like a classic firewall issue. I would suggest you run a wireshark trace and try to replicate the non answering and compare it with a good trace as it seems some signaling is blocked/not passed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the insight.

I'm going to tweak our firewall/routers default inspect map and QOS, however we've noticed this issue even from calls on the same subnet. We'll be doing some testing tomorrow morning, which should explain more. Is there a difference using SIP vs H323 as far as one or the other being more firewall friendly?

HP Recommended

We have some more information from using Wireshark. It looks like the M100 Telepresence and the Real Presence Desktop setup the call on the proper h323 or SIP ports, however after the connection the M100 client is trying to communicate on 3232-4. A quick google looks like this port is for Polycom Endpoitn communication. This port is not open on the Real Presence Desktop workstation. Is that port opened dynamically after the connection is setup?

Also, I setup a packet monitor on our firewall. It looks like the proper H323 and SIP ports are used, however then there is a traffic flow on ports 3230-4 with 0 bytes. The firewall on the computer is disabled, and our firewall isn't blocking any traffic. We've also disabled the default SIP and H323 inspections on our ASA.

When we tested this with two Real Presence Desktops, everything worked great. Now that they've installed the M100 client, things have stopped working. Does the M100 client handle traffic differently the Real Presence Desktop?

HP Recommended

Have you sort this issue out? I have the same at work.

We are able to make a call but once we answer the call it keeps ringing. Any ideas?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.