Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have someone who would like to build a conference room and integrate it with there Microsoft Lync 2013 server.  I see that Polycom codecs such as the Realpresence Group Series are supposed to have interoperability with Microsoft Lync 2013.

Is that something that can be easily setup on the codec without any other infrastructure besides the Lync server? Then essentially the Polycom codec acts like just another Lync client?

Can the codec also communicate with other endpoints via H.323 at the same time?

How would sharing presentation content along with camera shot factor in to that kind of setup?

Thanks, any information or experience with this would be muck appreciated.

-Barry

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can check this link out.  In the middle of the document you will see how to register your codec with the Lync server.

https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/video/group-series.html  (Check the Admin Guide)

It can communicate with other endpoints with in the same call.  You would want to register those units in Lync as well.  You could also leverage Polycoms virtual meeting rooms (VMRs) to bridge Lync clients and GroupSeries endpoints. 

From a content sharing stand point;  I believe you can share contact from the GroupSeries to the Lync client.  But sharing content from the Lync client to the Polycom endpoints I believe requires the content sharing server (CSS) that allows content sharing both ways.  You would also need a CSS plug-in installed on the PC that allows content to be shared from the Lync client. 

I hope this helps a little.

HP Recommended

Thanks, it does help a bit. A bit of a jigsaw puzzle. If you had to register other endpoints in the same call, seems like doing that with something like Cisco/Tandberg endpoints (as opposed to other Polycom endpoints) might not work so well.

Thanks again for your help,

-Barry

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.